DrH Clan Forum!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» (Update) R.A.I.N. Progress Update.
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm by [FDR] HALO

» HALO IS KICKED
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:54 pm by [DrH]Deathwatch[Ldr]

» I can't enter Let's Play server anymore!!!Help!!!
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm by [DrH]Deathwatch[Ldr]

» Hardly as at as files
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:37 am by Ranger

» Forum Rules
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:35 am by Ranger

» Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:59 pm by RonPrice

» Hello From Tasmania Australia
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:57 pm by RonPrice

» BM banned from here
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:27 am by [DrH]Deathwatch[Ldr]

» To show you what hackers are
Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:39 am by Jumpman

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians

Go down

Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians Empty Make 'Em Laugh: A TV Program About Comedians

Post  RonPrice Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:59 pm

HUMOUR
Another of the six part, six one hour, epic showcasing of the funniest men, women and moments in American entertainment Make ‘Em Laugh: The Funny Business of America-was on TV last night.1 Make ‘Em Laugh is a must-see if you have any sense of historical knowledge of American comedy or are looking to educate yourself in this field. If you know all these acts, or even some of them, or even none of them, you’ll have an education, a blast, reliving some classic skits and film footage. This is a fantastic primer on some of the all-time greatest comedic moments in the world of film, television, Vaudeville, radio and everything else.-Ron Price with thanks to ABC2, 11:35 pm to 12:30 p.m. 22 & 23/9/11.

As spring was making its entry
in the Antipodes & I was making
my entry into television-land at
midnight after a busy day of work
at reading and research, editing &
publishing, writing and scholarship:
a bit of history came my way giving
me a summary of comedy in the US
since I left Canada in 1971. I missed
much of it: Archie Bunker because I
had no TV, Bill Cosby and Roseanne
since I was working 60 to 70 hours a
week and Reality TV since I found it
distasteful. I enjoyed Seinfeld: 89-98.

This was thanks to my son Daniel but not
until I retired from the world of jobs & had
time to sit back and laugh which is one of
the main purposes of TV or, as that critic
of American society Gore Vidal once put it:
we all have laughing gas pumped into our
lounge-rooms every night and go to sleep
in front of the TV as the world experiences
a tempest which is deranging its equilibrium,
uprooting its institutions and harrowing-up
the souls of its inhabitants with catastrophic,
unpredictable, and ultimately glorious results.1

1 Shoghi Effendi, The Promised Day Is Come, Baha’i Pub. Trust, New Delhi, 1976, p.1.

Ron Price
24 September 2011

Last edited by RonPrice on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add some words)

RonPrice

http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum